Pull?

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:25 PM
I feel stupid asking this, but where is the Pull button? How can I get changes made by my teammates?

I just switched from the official VS2013 Microsoft Team Git plugin to this one because the Microsoft one have some strange issues, but the first thing I try (pull) is not even in the menu bar?
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Click git bash button and type git pull.

On February 5, 2014, at 6:25 PM, "Dunge" wrote:

I feel stupid asking this, but where is the Pull button? How can I get changes made by my teammates?

I just switched from the official VS2013 Microsoft Team Git plugin to this one because the Microsoft one have some strange issues, but the first thing I try (pull) is not even in the menu bar?

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:34 PM
Hmm yes of course but isn't the sole purpose of a Visual Studio plugin is not to have to type commands manually in the git bash? I mean, push/pull should be the most basic operations, unless I'm missing something?
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM

You can install GitExtensions or TortoiseGit. And launch push/pull and many other GUI of these tools from this plugin.

On February 6, 2014, at 7:34 PM, "Dunge" wrote:

Hmm yes of course but isn't the sole purpose of a Visual Studio plugin is not to have to type commands manually in the git bash? I mean, push/pull should be the most basic operations, unless I'm missing something?