There is an unsaved comment in progress. You will lose your changes if you continue. Are you sure you want to reopen the work item?
Exception when selecting "Open .gitignore" if .gitignore does not exist (VS2010)
Existing Git projects without an existing .gitignore file, if opened in Visual Studio 2010, cause an exception when selecting "Open .gitignore".
Steps to repeat:
1) Create a Git repository and Visual Studio project.
2) If a .gitignore file was created, delete it. (Some tools don't create one by default.)
3) Open the project in Visual Studio.
4) Right click on the solution, the project, or a file in the project.
5) Select Git (master) -> Open .gitignore
A message box should appear with the following message:
"The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))"
We've tested this on a couple of machines, all of them running Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.