Other Available Downloads
Please donate to support the project. For VS 2010/2012/2013 users, it is recommanded to install it within Visual Studio by selecting Tools | Extension Manager.
For VS 2008 users, please download and run Installer for VS 2008 above Please refer to Project Roadmap for coming new featuresChange Logs
- Run Visual Studio.
- Go to Tools | Extension Manager, search online gallary for Git Source Control Provider and install.
- Support Visual Studio 2013 Preview
- Bug fixes (by Sam Harwell and Ubikuity)
- Performance Improvement (by Sam Harwell)
- UI declutter and cleanup (by Sam Harwell)
- Various bugs fixes (by Sam Harwell)
- Visual Studio 2012 dark theme support (by Sam Harwell)
- Refresh Git status using the solution refresh button (by Sam Harwell)
- Use Visual Studio code editor to display diff in the pending change window (by Sam Harwell)
V 0.9.6 (acb0278)
V 9.5.0 (3758789)
V 0.9.4 - (c0f948)
- Detect Git for Windows Path in pending changes window
- Add option to disable UTF-8 file names
- Change pre-load to UI context instead of UIContextGuids.SolutionExists
- Fix commit text box line height
- Dragon Tool: Fix folder browse dialog for saving patches between two commits
- Dragon Tool: Remove git console
- Dragon Tool: Add custom Chrome
V 0.9.3 (f609cdd)
V 0.9.2 (aa64b75)
- Change History Window to be a stand alone program - Dragon
- add/delete tag
- add/delete/checkout branch
- scroll to branch/tag
- refresh button
- search commits
- select and compare too commits
- Archive (export) commit
- create patch
- Add Git Extensions menus to Pending Changed tool window
- Add GitTortoise menus to Pending Changed tool window
- Add Git - About ... menu, Referencing Git hash when building
- Add Option to disable auto load,
This tool helps a lot!! 10x!!
Some bug encountered.
on Jan 19 at 11:54 AM
File Status refresh lag.
on May 28, 2013 at 10:31 AM
It uses separate tools for history view and commit, instead of gitk and git gui, the integrated tools are promising, but lack some features (selecting parts of a file to commit, or a good view of the history tree for large repos)
Thumbs up for the commit detailed view inside the history tree, where it show the files modified on that commit, along with the history of changes of that particular file
on Nov 22, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Greate job. Exactly whay I needed.
on Oct 24, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Invaluable add-in for Git users. I use it every day and love it.
on Aug 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I have been using this plugin in production for 2 releases. Excellent work.
on Aug 3, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Good job, I like this add on. It keeps getting better. Keep up the good work.
on Jul 31, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Thanks for making my workflow much easier!!
on May 17, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Excellent, been using it for about 3 months now and it works perfect. Sometimes you need to press refresh before it will let you commit but apart from that it is good
on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM
Good, but there is a bug - nesting source files more than two levels deep in folders results in not being able to rename or move the files using the solution explorer! For example, you try to rename the file but the original name is retained.
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:53 PM
Hi, I want Source control Provider for Visual Studio 2005
on Dec 7, 2011 at 7:18 AM
Greak work!! It's an extension that is always with me by now! :P
on Nov 27, 2011 at 3:27 AM
It's really wonderful!
But my Visual Studio 2010 Sp1 (on Windows 7 Ultimate) still crashes (especially after a fresh commit).
Restarting VS solves the problem, though. Unlike with v 0.8.2 when I often enter into a loop of crash and restart while opening a solution configured to use this provider.
That aside, I'm really enjoying git-ing with this Provider. It is awesome!
on Sep 30, 2011 at 1:46 AM
on Sep 9, 2011 at 9:06 PM
GitHub now fully integrated!
on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM
on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM
Greate job. Exactly whay I needed. Makes my live easier again and keeps me away from the command prompt. Cheers.
on Feb 18, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.