Git Pending Changes Window is Gone

Nov 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hi,

Is there a menu item to show the Git Pending Changes window?  If not, please consider this to be a feature request.

I closed the Git Pending Changes Window and I couldn't get it back.  I wanted to clone my first repository and I was told in this discussion to use the GIT Bash button.  There aren't any GIT menu items that I could find; therefore, I assumed that the GIT commands were all provided on the Git Pending Changes window, but I don't see any menu item to show that either!

I expected it to be: View > Other Windows > Git Pending Changes Window

I looked everywhere but couldn't find it.  Even the Quick Launch only shows one command for "git": the options dialog.

Are there any menu items for running GIT Bash or showing the Git Pending Changes window?

Thanks,
Dave

Nov 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
You can right click on the files in solution explorer to get the menu.

On 11/12/12, davedev <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: davedev
>
> Hi, Is there a menu item to show the Git Pending Changes window? If not,
> please consider this to be a feature request. I closed the Git Pending
> Changes Window and I couldn't get it back. I wanted to clone my first
> repository and I was told in this discussion to use the GIT Bash button.
> There aren't any GIT menu items that I could find; therefore, I assumed that
> the GIT commands were all provided on the Git Pending Changes window, but I
> don't see any menu item to show that either! I expected it to be: View >
> Other Windows > Git Pending Changes Window I looked everywhere but couldn't
> find it. Even the Quick Launch only shows one command for "git": the
> options dialog. Are there any menu items for running GIT Bash or showing the
> Git Pending Changes window? Thanks,
> Dave
>
>

--
Sent from my mobile device
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Hi,

Yes, I know, but that only works AFTER you have cloned your first GIT repository.  That was my point -- I didn't have a GIT solution yet.  Solution Explorer was empty.  I was trying to clone a GIT repository for the first time.  When I closed the Pending Changes window, there was no way to get it back! 

Thanks,
Dave

Nov 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM

You are right, Dave. Thanks for the suggestion. I will add the menu to View > Other Windows in the future release.

yysun

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:39 AM

I had the exact same issue. After looking everywhere with no luck, I found that you set the Source Control Provider (Tool > Source Control) to None, save and then set it back to Git Source Control Provider, the window shows back up, detached.

Hope it helps. 

Miguel

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:31 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.